Zucchini Feta Cheese Bake
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2cup diced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tablespoon oregano, dried
- 3cups (1/2-inch-thick) slices zucchini
- 1cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 4ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4cup fresh coarse breadcrumbs
- 1tablespoon butter
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic and oregano and saute 2 minutes or until softened. Add zucchini and continue to saute 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, pepper and olives. Remove from heat and pour into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle over vegetables; dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes or until topping is golden brown and vegetables are tender.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 251
- Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 812mg
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 11g