Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri and Tahini
- For the chimichurri
- 1 large bunch cilantro (about 3 cups chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon sea salt
- For the cauliflower
- 1 whole cauliflower
- Kosher salt
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- To garnish
- 1 to 2tablespoons tahini
- 1/4cup chopped shelled pistachios
- 1tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 handful fresh chives
- 1 handful fresh cilantro
- For the chimichurri: Place cilantro and garlic in food processor. Pulse several times until well chopped. Transfer to a separate bowl or jar.
- Add chili flakes, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, and sea salt.
- Stir until well incorporated. You can make up to a day in advance!
- For the cauliflower: Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wash cauliflower then trim any exterior leaves.
- Find a pot that is large enough to fit a whole head of cauliflower. Fill it with 4-6 inches of fresh water. Over high heat, bring to a boil.
- Place cauliflower into boiling water. Cook for five minutes.
- Remove from pot and place in a baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife make an 2” deep cut cross across the center of the cauliflower.
- Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from heat.
- For the topping: Add a heavy drizzle of the chimichurri over the cauliflower.
- Drizzle the tahini over the chimichurri, then sprinkle with pistachios, sesame seeds, chives, and cilantro. Serve immediately.
This recipe from Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared on Tasty Plan as The Amazing Whole Roasted Cauliflower with Chimichurri & Tahini.