Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1large sweet potato, cleaned and cut into thick wedges
- 1-2tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4-1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- For the Avocado Cream:
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/4cup Greek style yogurt
- 1tablespoon lime juice
- 1tablespoon cilantro
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or Silpat mat.
- Toss sweet potato wedges with olive oil, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt. Make sure to evenly coat each wedge.
- Place wedges on baking sheet.
- Bake 30 minutes, flip wedges, and continue to bake another 30 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until smooth, season to taste with salt, and top with more chopped cilantro for garnish.
This recipe from French Press and Honest Cooking was republished with permission. It originally appeared as Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Avocado Cream.