- 6cups peeled sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams) chunks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 2/3cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2/3cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon jarred jalapeno slices
- Preheat oven 425F and prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 1 tbs of oil and salt and paper. Roast potatoes on baking sheet until crisp, usually 30 minutes.
- Toss sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, corn, black beans and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Puree lime juice, garlic, jalapeno and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a blender or food proceessor. Toss mixture with potatoes and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Too Hot in the Kitchen (Holly Clegg, 2010). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 113
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 99mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 2g