Shrimp and Grits in Tasso Cream Sauce
- Yield: servings
In this versatile recipe you can cook the shrimp as instructed below to give them a crispy cajun coating, or create a creamier version with just one pan. For the creamy version, simply prepare the vegetables and ham, add the uncooked shrimp and seasoning to the mix, cook through then add the cream and Asiago cheese.
- 1cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3cup tasso ham
- 1/4cup kernal corn
- 1/4cup diced tomatoes
- 2tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/2cup wild georgia shrimp
- 1tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4cup asiago cheese
- -- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare two saucepans. In one pan, saute shrimp with cajun seasoning and a drizzling of olive oil until cooked through.
- In the second pan, saute chopped tasso over medium heat. Add green onions and saute until wilted. Add corn and tomatoes and cook until heated.
- Add heavy whipping cream and Asiago to vegetable and ham mix.
- Pour sauce mixture over grits prepared according to package directions and top with shrimp.
—Recipe courtesy of The King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort, St. Simons, Ga.