Rosemary Skewered Lamb
- Yield: 8 servings
- 8-- (8- to 10-inch long) sturdy fresh rosemary branches or 12-inch long wooden skewers
- Fresh Herb Marinade:
- 1/2cup olive oil
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2pounds boneless lean lamb, from the leg or sirloin, trimmed of fat and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- Soak rosemary branches or skewers in water for 2 hours.
- Combine marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well. Place lamb in a large zip-top plastic bag. Pour marinade over lamb and seal. Squish everything around to coat the meat. Place in refrigerator for 2 hours, turning the bag a few times.
- Remove lamb from marinade, discarding marinade. Thread lamb onto rosemary branches or skewers.
- Light a charcoal fire or preheat your gas grill on high. Oil grate. Let coals burn down to a medium-hot fire or adjust gas grill burners to medium-high.
- Place skewers on grill and cook 8 minutes, or to desired doneness, turning a few times.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 189
- Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 71mg
- Sodium 116mg
- Carbohydrate .2g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 23g