- 2 1/2cups yellow squash, cut in 1 1/2-inch thick chunks (about 2 medium)
- 1 red onion, cut in chunks
- 2cups 1-inch asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/3cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4cups mixed salad greens
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven 450F. Cover cookie sheet with foil
- Combine squash, onion, asparagus, artichokes, and pecans in olive oil and salt to taste. Spread veggies across cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Roast 15 minutes, stir veggies, roast another 15 minutes until golden brown. Coat with balsamic vinegar and stir.
- Serve vegetables over mixed greens. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Too Hot in the Kitchen (Holly Clegg, 2010). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 129
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 130mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 4g