Olive Polenta Poppers
- Yield: 6 servings
- 3cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1cup uncooked polenta
- 1cup California Black Ripe Olives, chopped
- 1/2cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Bring chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Whisk in polenta and cook over a very low heat, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon for 20 minutes. Mix in olives and cheese and remove from heat. Pour in a lightly greased 7 x 11-inch baking dish and allow to set for at least 20 minutes. Cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium-high heat. Place polenta cubes in pan, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden on each side. Remove from pan with slotted spatula or tongs, drain over paper towels and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of the California Olive Committee