Quick and Easy Teriyaki Glazed Salmon
- For The Sauce:
- 1/2cup sake
- 1/4cup mirin, sweet Japanese rice wine
- 1/4cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- For The Fish:
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1pound wild caught salmon, skin on, cut into 4 pieces
- Kosher salt
- In a small bowl, combine sake, mirin, and soy sauce. Stir to combine.
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season salmon with salt, then place skin side down in hot pan and cook for 3-4 minutes. Carefully flip salmon and cook on additional side for about 1 minute. Transfer to plate.
- Wipe out any fat from pan, then pour in sauce. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced significantly, about 4-5 minutes. Add salmon, skin side up, back into pan. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, spooning sauce over the fish, until salmon is cooked through and sauce has thickened and becomes syrupy.