Cold Strawberry Orange Soup
- Yield: 6 servings
This recipe is a real winner — quick, easy and delicious. As a summer dessert that virtually everyone (even those who are watching their waistlines) can enjoy, it is perfect. And it is so satisfying that no one will think it’s a “light” dessert.
- 6 (8-ounce, 250 mL) jars
- 4cups hulled fresh strawberries (1 L)
- 1/2cup confectioner's (icing) sugar (125 mL)
- 1cup orange juice (250 mL)
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves, divided (45 mL)
- 1tablespoon finely grated orange zest (15 mL)
- 1teaspoon granulated sugar (5 mL)
- 1tablespoon slivered almonds (15 mL)
- 1/4cup plain yogurt (60 mL)
- 6 mint leaves
- In food processor fitted with the metal blade, purée strawberries. Add confectioner’s sugar and process for 1 minute. Add orange juice and process for 1 minute. Add 1 tbsp (15 mL) mint and process for 1 minute. Transfer to jars, dividing equally, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a bowl, mix remaining mint, orange zest, granulated sugar and almonds. Add yogurt and mix well. Top each jar with a dollop (about 1 tbsp/15 mL) of the mixture, garnish with a mint leaf and serve immediately.
- Use a funnel to pour this soup neatly into the jars without making a mess
- If you like this soup as much as we do, make it all year long, using frozen strawberries.