Chicken Fricassee with Edamame and Orzo
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
Edamame provide a nice counterpoint to the rich creamy sauce, which is absorbed by the orzo.
- 4 (4-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 2teaspoons butter
- 3/4cup chopped green onions
- 1/2cup diced carrot
- 1/2cup diced ham
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1cup fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2cup Chardonnay or other dry white wine
- 1cup edamame
- 2/3cup whipping cream
- 3cups hot cooked orzo (about 1 1/2 cups uncooked)
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chicken from pan.
- Add onions, carrot, ham and garlic to pan and sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Stir in broth and wine, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Return chicken to pan and bring to a boil. Add edamame. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan with a slotted spoon. Keep warm. Add whipping cream and cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 8 minutes.
- Spoon 3/4 cup orzo onto each of 4 plates. Top orzo with 1 chicken breast half, 1/3 cup sauce, and 1 tablespoon parsley.
Recipe courtesy of The Soyfoods Council
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 527
- Fat 14.3g
- Saturated Fat 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 4.3g
- Cholesterol 105mg
- Sodium 726mg
- Carbohydrate 57.7g
- Fiber 2.8g
- Protein 39.6g